Cling Wrap is one of those products that is so handy, but harmful to the environment. For a product that has been designed to be used for just minutes, hours, or days - it lasts for years and years in landfill. Seed & Sprout's Un-Plastic Wrap tackles this problem by being 100% certified home compostable! It will break down in aproximately 180 days -or roughly the time it takes an orange peel to compost.
Making a Difference
- Completely home compostable, and BPA free
- Shipped using recyclable and compostable packaging
- Designed in Australia by Seed & Sprout, founded in Byron Bay
- Made by partnering with suppliers that provide ethical treatment to their employees and the environment
- Seed & Sprout's headquarters and warehouse is 100% emmissions free, and powered by solar
- 10% of Seed & Sprout's profits are donated to International Animal Rescue Indonesia
- 30 metres of Un-Plastic Wrap per box, with pre-perforated lines every 30 cm
- Suitable for the fridge or freezer (but not the microwave or oven)
- Will break down in a home compost within 180 days
In 2016, Byron Bay mum Sophie found that there were little to no environmentally friendly, yet practical school lunch supplies for her child Archie (who was more particular about his lunches than she first realised!) This started Sophie on a journey of designing and creating a lunch box to meet the needs of her child, and the needs of the planet. Now Sophie and Seed & Sprout are commited to help every individual on their waste reduction journey, with the goal of not only doing less harm, but doing more good.