Your personal information
Teros does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
We will only release account and other personal information if we believe it is appropriate to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Teros, our users, or others. We may need to release your information if required by law.
We send emails during the online purchasing process to purchasers of our products and newsletter emails you might choose to receive.
Your Information Choices and Changes
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or emailing us at email@example.com.
If you opt out of receiving such communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account, purchases or our ongoing business relations.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or delete your information by making the change on our member information page, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us by post at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 14 days.
You are responsible for all actions taken with your user name, email address and password. It is advised you do not disclose your password to anyone else.
Your Credit Card Security
We work hard to protect the security of your credit card information by only using recognised security systems and practices, including encrypted payment processes.
Other information we collect
We collect and use additional information to carry out internal research on our users' demographics and their lifestyle, so that we can continually improve our products. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our site or not), what browser you are using, and your IP address. Also included in this is any information that you provide directly to us, such as feedback about your use of one of our products. This information may be kept by Teros in a file specific to you, in the case that you provide direct correspondence.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you on our websites. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our websites;
- provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions and send you related information, including purchase confirmations, shipping alerts, invoices, updates, security alerts, recall notices and support and administrative messages;
- maintain and administer your online account;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you news and information about events, activities, offers, promotions, products and services offered by Teros that we think will be of interest to you;
- process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes; and
- link or combine with other personal information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
We may store and process personal information in Australia and in other countries.
Disclosure of Information Policy
It is our policy not to share personal information collected through our websites with third parties except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on our websites. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our websites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when you provide a product review or you post content to interactive areas or features of our websites;
- with third party vendors, consultants and service providers that perform services to help us with our business activities (such as shipping your order or offering customer service) and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or to respond to lawful requests, legal process or legal authorities;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, respond to an emergency or investigate fraud; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, a merger, acquisition, financing or sale of all or a portion of Teros's assets.
We may also share aggregated or anonymised information that does not directly identify you.
Links to Other Web Sites
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Social Media Widgets
User Generated Content
When you transmit, upload, post, email or otherwise make available data, text, software, music, sounds, photographs, images, graphics, designs, artwork, messages or other materials created or sourced by you (“User Content”) to Teros and/or on Teros.com or any other website, internet site or application (including mobile device applications) that is owned, operated, controlled or sponsored by Teros, you agree and acknowledge the following:
Suitable content: The User Content must not violate any law, contain any commercial messages, or comparisons or solicitations for products or services, be offensive, defamatory, sexually explicit, violent, vulgar, derogatory of any ethnicity, race, gender, religion, profession or age group, promote any political agenda, promote alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, promote, include or refer to activities that may be harmful or illegal, and/or any other content that is considered inappropriate or unsuitable as determined by Teros at its sole discretion.
No Intellectual property rights infringement: You warrant that the User Content is your original work and/or that you own the intellectual property rights in the User Content, and that the User Content does not infringe on any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights of any other person or organisation. You waive your moral rights in relation to the User Content and you will not assert such rights against Teros, its sublicensees or assigns.
No privacy rights infringement: If the User Content incorporates personal information, including the identity or image of any individual, you confirm that the individual concerned has consented to the use of the image and personal information.
Removal of User Content: Teros may, with or without any notice to you, at its sole discretion and for any reason, remove, modify or block access to any User Content.
Licence granted to Teros: You grant Teros a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, transferrable and sublicensable right to use, modify, edit and display the User Content, including copyright in the User Content, in any media known now or in the future.
If you have a question about this Policy, please email us at: email@example.com
or by write to us by post to : Teros, 117 Elizabeth St, Hobart Tas 7000 Australia