The Australian-designed Dyson Hard Tail has evolved from the original design into a spectacular bike!
It now comes with larger 27'5" wheels and a new comtemporary frame style. It also offers a USB charging port on the display which is great for charging a phone or lights on-the-go. The other great improvement is the battery size – our ‘new’ smallest size is now almost the same size as the large battery on the previous model! This latest model offers 11 or 15Ah batteries along with the controller inside the frame – now no one need know the bike is electric.
With a quality DAPU High torque motor with programming to ensure every power assist level feels different, no rider will be disappointed with this hard tail.
- Battery: 11Ah (400Wh) or optional 15Ah (540Wh) 36-Volt Lithium-ion Panasonic Cells, Frame mounted lockable weight 3.4 and 3.6 kgs respectively
- Range: Approximately 50-100km on the 11Ah or 70-120km with the 15Ah, ride for 7+ hours in assist level 1 with 15Ah battery
- Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full battery discharge
- Motor: High torque 250Watt motor
- Assist Function: Pedal Assist
- Display: Back lit LCD with USB Charging port, 7 levels of assist (0 no assist and 6 PAS levels), power meter, battery charge indicator, trip functions
- Gears: 9 speed Shimano Alivio with Shimano HG cassette 11-32T, Single 46T Front Chain wheel
- Wheels: Weimann Dyno E40 27.5” (650B) Alloy rims with angled spoke holes and fitted with Sapim Stainless steel spokes to greatly reduce the risk of spoke breakage.
- Tyres: Kenda 2.1 Tyres with 'Slime' sealant for increased punture protection, front quick release
- Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
- Seat: Comfort seat, alloy adjustable 30.9mm x 400mm seat post with quick release clamp
- Handlebars and Stem: Alloy 660mm riser swept, 70mm stem
- Front forks: Suntour XCM 30, adjustable with lock out
- Weight: 25 kgs including 11Ah battery (3.4kgs) or 25.2 kgs with 15Ah battery (3.6kgs)
- Cage mount: Studs to mount fabric drink bottles near handlebars and mount on seat tube
- Pedals: VP Platform
- Brakes: Tektro - 180mm disc rotor, cable operated with alloy levers featuring integrated power cut outs on 11Ah model and Tektro Dorado Hydraulic on 15Ah model
- Great size bike for riders over 5 foot 5". If you're a bit on the shorter side - take a look at the Hard Tail Mixte (our other dream ride)
- Kick stand: Heavy duty centre mount.