A high quality embroided iron on patch featuring the wonderfully bright Swift Parrot. The beautiful (and endangered) Swift Parrot is endemic to south-eastern Australia. They spend half of their time on the mainland and fly south across the mighty Bass Strait to breed in Tasmania during the spring time! Designed and made right here in Tassie, Keep Tassie Wild was founded by Tasmania's very own Josh Pringle.
To iron on your patch, set your iron to a hot cotton setting and place patch on the fabric and cover with a thin piece of cloth. It is recommended to give the patch a few stitches so it's extra secure and doesn't move during the ironing process. Next, apply firm, even pressure on the patch with the iron for 30-40 seconds then iron the opposite side for 20-30 seconds to reinforce. Now you've got a snazzy new patch that you can wear with Tassie pride!
When washing, turn item of clothing inside out and machine wash on a gentle setting.
Dimensions: Diameter: 7.6 cm
Making a difference
- 50% of Keep Tassie Wild's profits are donated to Tasmanian environmental organisations
- Designed and made right here in Tassie means there are less caron miles
- Promotes a sense of community and fosters a caring attitude towards our beautiful wilderness
- Packaging free
- Can be ironed on easily (although some stiches are recommended to keep your patch extra secure)
- Perfect for a backpack, jacket, or hat
- Suitable to iron on a wide variety of fabrics (exluding leather, nylon, and waterproof fabric)
In 2016, Josh Pringle started Keep Tassie Wild by making a single patch, inspired by his love and passion for Tassie wilderness. This one patch snowballed into a movement bigger than anyone could've imagined, with over 10,000 stickers sold, and over $30,000 donated to wildreness causes such as the Wilderness Society and the Bob Brown Foundation.