A set of 4 stylish wooden handled table knives with a smooth blade. Inspired by the Industry design, this set of knives come in 4 tones: N°125 grey-pepper, N°125 red, N°125 hornbeam and N°125 black.
Dimensions: Blade length: 11 cm
- Made from Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel
- Blade is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chrome and requires no special maintenance
- Carbon content (in the blade) of at least 0.40% gives excellent cutting edge
- The handle is made from white wood from the French forests
- Varnished handle protects against moisture and dirt
Making a difference
- Excellent quality - built to last
- Plastic-free, made from quality wood and steel
- Made by a family-run business in France
The Opinel knife was founded in 1890 in Chambery in the Savoie region of France by Joseph Opinel, who designed and created the first Opinel knife. The design was created with the ideals of good sense, a feeling of comfort when gripped and the convenience of being able to carry it in your pocket. The company is still run and owned by Joseph Opinel's descendents and has grown to employ around 100 people. The Opinel knife is a popular everyday item whose aesthetics and functionality have won over generations of users. It has remained unchanged for over a century, with a design that is one of the most successful of all time. For this reason, Opinel was recognised by the Victoria and Albert Museum in 1985 as one of the 100 best designed items in the world, right alongside the Porsche 911 and the Rolex watch. And in 2006 a jury of international designers acknowledged it as one of the 999 most succesful designs of all time in the "Phaidon Design Classics".