The perfect tool for opening oysters and shellfish.Â TheÂ short, pointed blade is only sharp at the point, making it ideal for opening cupped and flat oysters. The padauk handle is moisture-resistant. Take it to theÂ beach with you or give an oyster-lover a thoughtful gift!
Dimensions: Blade length:Â 6.5 cm
- Made from anti-corrosive stainless steel
- Handle is made from Padauk, a dense and fine-grained African wood
- It's colour varies from purple brown to pinkish with purple veins
- Contains the Virobloc safety ring made out of stainless steel
- The Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding
- Blade can be locked open or closed for safety
Making a difference
- Excellent quality - built to last
- Plastic-free, made from quality wood and steel
- Made by a family-run business in France
The Opinel knife was founded in 1890 in Chambery in the Savoie region of France by Joseph Opinel, who designed and created the first Opinel knife.Â The design was created with the ideals of good sense, a feeling of comfort when gripped and the convenience of being able to carry it in your pocket.Â The company is still run and owned by Joseph Opinel's descendents and has grown to employ around 100 people.Â The Opinel knife isÂ a popular everyday item whose aesthetics and functionality have won over generations of users. It has remained unchanged for over a century, with a design that is one of the most successful of all time. For this reason, Opinel was recognised by the Victoria and Albert Museum in 1985 as one of the 100 best designed items in the world, right alongside the Porsche 911 and the Rolex watch.Â And in 2006 a jury of international designers acknowledged it as one of the 999 most succesful designs of all time in the "Phaidon Design Classics".
"p>The perfect tool for openin