The Opinel No 8 garden knife is aÂ useful tool for weeding or harvesting vegetables and herbs.Â TheÂ pointyÂ end and reinforced blade make itÂ a versatile companion in the garden and it can fold back into the handle for safety when not in use.
Dimensions: Blade length: 8.5 cm
- Made from Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel
- The blade is anti-corrosive due to the addition of chrome and requires no special maintenance
- The blade's carbon content of at least 0.40% gives it an excellent cutting edge
- Varnished Beech wooden handle comes from French forests
- Beech has aÂ light color which varies from yellow to pink and is characterized by the presence of numerous small dark dashes
- Contains the Virobloc safety ring made out of stainless steel
- The Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding
- In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport)
Making a difference
- Excellent quality - built to last
- Plastic-free, made from quality wood and steel
- Made by a family-run business in France
The Opinel knife was founded in 1890 in Chambery in the Savoie region of France by Joseph Opinel, who designed and created the first Opinel knife.Â The design was created with the ideals of good sense, a feeling of comfort when gripped and the convenience of being able to carry it in your pocket.Â The company is still run and owned by Joseph Opinel's descendents and has grown to employ around 100 people.Â The Opinel knife isÂ a popular everyday item whose aesthetics and functionality have won over generations of users. It has remained unchanged for over a century, with a design that is one of the most successful of all time. For this reason, Opinel was recognised by the Victoria and Albert Museum in 1985 as one of the 100 best designed items in the world, right alongside the Porsche 911 and the Rolex watch.Â And in 2006 a jury of international designers acknowledged it as one of the 999 most succesful designs of all time in the "Phaidon Design Classics".
"p>The Opinel No 8 garden knif