The Opinel Saw N°18 has an efficient 18cm blade which cuts branches effortlessly and folds back when not in use. A very handy tool for your garden and other outdoor activities. The saw N°18 has a safe hook and a blade which can be replaced easily in case of wear.
Dimensions: Blade length: 18 cm
- Carbon steel blade with anti-corrosion coating
- The saw has two rows of razor-sharp teeth turned towards the handle
- Effortless cutting achieved simply by puling
- Varnished Beech wooden handle comes from French forests
- Beech has a light color which varies from yellow to pink and is characterized by the presence of numerous small dark dashes
- Folds in when not in use
Making a difference
- Excellent quality - built to last
- Plastic-free, made from quality wood and steel
- Made by a family-run business in France
The Opinel knife was founded in 1890 in Chambery in the Savoie region of France by Joseph Opinel, who designed and created the first Opinel knife. The design was created with the ideals of good sense, a feeling of comfort when gripped and the convenience of being able to carry it in your pocket. The company is still run and owned by Joseph Opinel's descendents and has grown to employ around 100 people. The Opinel knife is a popular everyday item whose aesthetics and functionality have won over generations of users. It has remained unchanged for over a century, with a design that is one of the most successful of all time. For this reason, Opinel was recognised by the Victoria and Albert Museum in 1985 as one of the 100 best designed items in the world, right alongside the Porsche 911 and the Rolex watch. And in 2006 a jury of international designers acknowledged it as one of the 999 most succesful designs of all time in the "Phaidon Design Classics".