The Solidteknics 18 cm Iron Skillet is the perfect starting pan suited to a whole range of cooking, including eggs, mushrooms, toasting seeds and nuts or any other small jobs. The Quenched™ range of pans are pre-seasoned which means they are ready to use straight away. The skillet is formed from a singular piece of 3 mm think wrought ion, ensuring even heating.
Dimensions: Length- 43 cm, Height- 9.5 cm (handle)/4 cm (bowl), Diameter- 18 cm, Weight- 0.8 kg.
Please note: Solidteknics does not include shipping to areas outside of Hobart in the price. If you are not in Hobart and would like to purchase this product, please contact us to find out postage rates to your area. We are more than happy to ship this item. However, due to the size and weight of the box, we will need to check shipping rates and let you know if there will be any additional costs involved.
Free in-store pick up is another available option.
- Multi-century warranty
- 100% Australian made
- Quenched™ pre-seasoning with 100% non GMO Rice Bran Oil, so they are ready to use straight away
- Seasoned iron is forever renewable
- Formed from a singular, seamless piece of Australian iron sheet
- Cleans and seasons the same as cast iron cookware
- No rivets for improved hygiene and durability
- Broad concave handle for increased control and decreased fatigue
- Vented handle to reduce heat transfer to user
- Suitable for use on all heat sources from stovetop (including induction) to oven to campfire.
- Seasoned with the new Quenched™ finish, the crepe pan is ready to use straight from purchase
- The Quenched™ pans do not require at-home seasoning as they have been sandblasted to form a strong seasoned foudation. However, the pans may still require additional seasoning throughout their lifetime. To re-season refer to the Solidteknics website which has detailed instructions.
- Never put in the dishwasher, this will strip the seasoning. Hand wash soon after cooking with hot water and minimal soap.
- Heat slowly: Warm your pan slowly on a lower setting, before increasing the heat.
- Cool slowly: Never apply cold water to a hot pan. The thermal shock can warp steel pans, no matter how thick and tough. Allow your pan to cool a little before washing.
- Correctly match the size of your pan to your heat source: It is important to always correctly match the size of your pan to your element. A large pan on a small element can cause uneven movement in just the centre of the pan, resulting in warping.
- All Solidteknics pans are designed to fit a standard 600mm domestic oven, however it is recommended to check measurements prior to purchase.
Solidteknics is a Sydney based company that develops innovative cookware, built to last for generations. The AUS-ION range of Solidteknics launched in January 2018 and are made from 100% wrought, Australian iron. Wrought ion shares the same positive attributes as cast ion, yet is weighs half the amount! Seasoned iron, non-stick, fry pans and pots, are the only cookware that will not leach chemicals and/or parts of their synthetic coating into your food. The simplicity of the one-piece design, also improves hygiene as there are no small crevices for food particles to lodge. Solidteknics are an ease to clean and even easier to season. Solidteknics are so confident in their products that they offer all customers a century long warranty. Each Solidteknic piece is engraved with its manufacturing date so that a record can be kept as they are handed down through families. The new Quenched™ range comes ready to use without having to season first, making it an even easier option for anyone hesitant about home seasoning.