The Solvej board swing is a traditional wooden swing beautifully crafted with profiled edges to provide hours of endless joy for children and adults alike.
- made from FSC milled naturally durable timber
- The swing can be hung from, up to a height of 3.3m without extension ropes
- Can be used as both an indoor and an outdoor swing
- Carbine hooks and screw eyes allow for easy transition between the two
- Includes 10mm yachting braided rope and stainless steel carbine hooks for durability in all elements
- 9 year guarantee
- Packs down flat for easy storage and transport
- Made in New Zealand
Making a Difference
- Made from natural materials: wood & rope
- All wood is sourced from a sustainable source
- Non-toxic Tung oil is used on the wood
- Holmsäter are proud to create employment in rural areas in NZ
Solvej swings are designed and made by Thomas Mortimer (Sweden) and Jenny Etherington(New Zealand). Jenny and Thomas met in Western Australia in 1986. They travelled between Sweden and New Zealand for many years until settling in rural New Zealand in Jenny's home village Matiere, a few months before their daughter Solvej was born.
Thomas, previously a cabinet maker and teacher, wanted to share the wonderful memories he had of swings in this own childhood with his young daughter, and designed the first Solvej Swing for their daughter in 1993. He had a dream of owning his own workshop, and Jenny the dream of providing employment in her rural home village. Coupled with the overwhelming positive response to the swing they established a design company. Both are particularly passionate about design, and environmental and social responsibility, values imbued in every aspect of the business. Twenty-five years later production remains in Matiere with the wood and sewing workshops in local heritage buildings they are in the process of restoring. Their daughter Solvej, studying architecture, is now also continuing the family legacy in the business.
The business is founded on the philosophies and principles of creating products that are high quality, to buy them for a fair price, to care for the environment, and to contribute to society in more ways than just working and paying taxes. Solvej swings are beautiful products, made to last.