The Solvej swing is a stylish and high quality baby swing which can be used both indoors and out from when baby is able to sit up unassisted to around 6 years old (40 kg max). These swings are skillfully crafted with top quality materials in natural and neutral colours. Babies and children love to swing. Swinging has really great benefits for your baby and child, with studies showing them to be excellent for soothing an unsettled child with their relaxing movement as well as encouraging children's development. Solvej swings are safe, durable, functional and beautiful.
- Easily converts from a baby swing to a toddler swing using the domed leg divider
- Safe - includes a safety belt and closed hooks and screw eyes
- Beads are coloured with non-toxic paint
- Conforms to the safety standards of Australasia, North America and Europe
- Designed to be used as both an indoor and an outdoor swing
- Carbine hooks and screw eyes allow for easy transition between the two
- Made from natural durable timber, rot proof canvas, 10mm yachting braid and stainless steel fittings for durability in all elements
- 9 year guarantee
- Packs down flat for easy storage and transport
- The long period it can be used for makes it excellent value for money
- Made in New Zealand
Making a Difference
- Made from natural materials: wood, cloth & rope
- All wood is sourced from a sustainable source
- Non-toxic Tung oil is used on the wood
- Holmsäter are proud to create employment in rural areas in NZ
Solvej swings are designed and made by Thomas Mortimer (Sweden) and Jenny Etherington(New Zealand). Jenny and Thomas met in Western Australia in 1986. They travelled between Sweden and New Zealand for many years until settling in rural New Zealand in Jenny's home village Matiere, a few months before their daughter Solvej was born.
Thomas, previously a cabinet maker and teacher, wanted to share the wonderful memories he had of swings in this own childhood with his young daughter, and designed the first Solvej Swing for their daughter in 1993. He had a dream of owning his own workshop, and Jenny the dream of providing employment in her rural home village. Coupled with the overwhelming positive response to the swing they established a design company. Both are particularly passionate about design, and environmental and social responsibility, values imbued in every aspect of the business. Twenty-five years later production remains in Matiere with the wood and sewing workshops in local heritage buildings they are in the process of restoring. Their daughter Solvej, studying architecture, is now also continuing the family legacy in the business.
The business is founded on the philosophies and principles of creating products that are high quality, to buy them for a fair price, to care for the environment, and to contribute to society in more ways than just working and paying taxes. Solvej swings are beautiful products, made to last.