Asparagus - Connovers Colossal
We have run out of stock for this item.
This early maturing asparagus has purple tipped, thick spears and is described as a very productive variety. Since asparagus originated in a maritime habitat, it thrives in soils that are too saline for normal weeds to grow in. Thus a little salt was traditionally used to suppress weeds in asparagus beds. Soil fertility is a large factor in asparagus success.
Making a difference
- Supporting local businesses reduces carbon miles
- Growing your own veggies is a great sustainable practice!
- Comes in a paper envolope with a differing amount of seeds depending on the variety
- Gardening instructions are printed onto each seed packet
- Sow seeds 1 cm deep after frosts have finished or plant into pots and transplant when seedlings are well established (often after 2 years)
- Keep well mulched - with seaweed is preferred
Rangeview seeds is a Tasmanian company run by one man with help from his family and friends. They specialise in developing seeds for practical purposes and are passionate about sustainability. Rangeview hopes they can help you on your garden journey so that you can be self-sufficient in growing your own foods and medicine!