The perfect knife for the most important meal of the day!Â Great for spreading butter and jam on your breakfast, brunch or afternoon tea.Â The length and rounded tip are ideal for scraping the bottom of the vegemite jar.
Dimensions: Blade length:Â 11.5 cm
- Rounded wide tip is ideal for quick spreadingÂ
- 7.5cm serrated section is perfect for cutting bread, pastries, sausages, eggs...
- Blade is made of stainless steel with added chromium for corrosion resistance
- Stainless steelÂ does not require any special maintenanceÂ
- The handle is made from Beech wood from French forests
- Beech has aÂ light colour which varies from yellow to pinkÂ and is characterized by the presence of numerous small dark dashes.
The Opinel knife was founded in 1890 in Chambery in the Savoie region of France by Joseph Opinel, who designed and created the first Opinel knife.Â The design was created with the ideals of good sense, a feeling of comfort when gripped and the convenience of being able to carry it in your pocket.Â The company is still run and owned by Joseph Opinel's descendents and has grown to employ around 100 people.Â The Opinel knife isÂ a popular everyday item whose aesthetics and functionality have won over generations of users. It has remained unchanged for over a century, with a design that is one of the most successful of all time. For this reason, Opinel was recognised by the Victoria and Albert Museum in 1985 as one of the 100 best designed items in the world, right alongside the Porsche 911 and the Rolex watch.Â And in 2006 a jury of international designers acknowledged it as one of the 999 most succesful designs of all time in the "Phaidon Design Classics".
"p>The perfect knife for the m