The original pocket knife designed by Joseph Opinel, with a stainless steel bladeÂ which makes it corrosion-resistant and does not require any special maintenance while maintaining an excellent cutting quality.Â A highly versatile pocket knife, ideal for camping, bushcraft, sewing and other DIY and outdoorÂ activities.Â
Different sizes can be adapted to different hand sizes and uses
NÂ°06 Blade length: 7 cm
NÂ°07 Blade length:Â 8 cm
NÂ°08 Blade length:Â 8.5 cm
NÂ°09 Blade length:Â 9 cm
- Blade is made fromÂ Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel
- Anti-corrosive due to added chrome and requires no special maintenance
- Carbon content of at least 0.40% givesÂ the blade an excellend cutting edge
- TheÂ Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives from the NÂ° 06
- Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding
- The safety ring can lock the blade open or shut
- Beech wood handle has a light colour which varies from yellow to pinkÂ and is characterised byÂ numerous small dark dashes.
The Opinel knife was founded in 1890 in Chambery in the Savoie region of France by Joseph Opinel, who designed and created the first Opinel knife.Â The design was created with the ideals of good sense, a feeling of comfort when gripped and the convenience of being able to carry it in your pocket.Â The company is still run and owned by Joseph Opinel's descendents and has grown to employ around 100 people.Â The Opinel knife isÂ a popular everyday item whose aesthetics and functionality have won over generations of users. It has remained unchanged for over a century, with a design that is one of the most successful of all time. For this reason, Opinel was recognised by the Victoria and Albert Museum in 1985 as one of the 100 best designed items in the world, right alongside the Porsche 911 and the Rolex watch.Â And in 2006 a jury of international designers acknowledged it as one of the 999 most succesful designs of all time in the "Phaidon Design Classics".
"p>The original pocket knife d