Opinel Carbon Pocket Knife
The original carbon pocket knife designed by Joseph Opinel. Highly versatile, perfect for camping, bushcraft, sewing and other DIY projects.
Available in multiple sizes:
- N°06 Blade length: 7 cm
- N°07 Blade length: 8 cm
- N°08 Blade length: 8.5 cm
- N°09 Blade length: 9 cm
- Blade is made of carbon steel which is extremely hard imparting excellent cutting quality, good wear resistance and easy regrinding
- Carbon can corrode easily so it is best to avoid dampness and wipe and grease the blade after use
- The Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives from the N° 06
- Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport).
- The handle is made of Beech wood from French forests
- Beech has a light colour which varies from yellow to pink and is characterized by the presence of numerous small dark dashes.
Making a difference
The Opinel knife was founded in 1890 in Chambery in the Savoie region of France by Joseph Opinel, who designed and created the first Opinel knife. The design was created with the ideals of good sense, a feeling of comfort when gripped and the convenience of being able to carry it in your pocket. The company is still run and owned by Joseph Opinel's descendents and has grown to employ around 100 people. The Opinel knife is a popular everyday item whose aesthetics and functionality have won over generations of users. It has remained unchanged for over a century, with a design that is one of the most successful of all time. For this reason, Opinel was recognised by the Victoria and Albert Museum in 1985 as one of the 100 best designed items in the world.